Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cutting support trees

Post: Bernie: May 19, 2011
Note: To follow The Gathered Hedge from beginning to end, choose Introduction from the index at right.

Cutting the cedar trees was more of a chore than I thought it would be.


They are much larger up close than from my normal view sitting on the terrace (with a Guinness in my hand).



Cutting by hand using a bow saw (I really dislike power tools, but really how did the colonials clear all this land) was very hard and slow (they put the kids to work). But after two days I had five trees (these all were Cedars that had been blown over by the wind too, so it was fitting that they get a new life too, and I had been meaning to do something with them for a long time) cut.




Joey and I then (so where are the kids when you need them) hauled them out of the woods and up to the Hedge.




NEXT: Digging the holes and setting the Cedars [READ NEXT HEDGE POST]

No comments:

Post a Comment