Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Setting the yard side Cedars

Post: Bernie: May 23, 2011
Note: To follow The Gathered Hedge from beginning to end, choose Introduction from the index at right.

The next day I dug the two remaining holes, "gathered" more Postset.



Then Joey and I set up the last two Cedars.






We then needed to straighten the Hedge up a bit.




So I found "Y" shaped Cedar branches that I could use to brace and push out the ends poles.

I drilled holes for the branches (using my power drill) and glued them into the trunk of the trees. They look really natural (I may use this technique to build a tree sculpture someday)!


After long months, "The Hedge is back" (as a motorist yelled as they drove by)!

NEXT: Helping nature take hold [READ NEXT HEDGE POST]

No comments:

Post a Comment